Enable Block Support with Clang

Conrad Taylor
Hi, I was wondering, what's the correct way to enable clock suppot using Clang?  Is there a configure switch within LLVM/CLANG/COMPILER-RT?

-Conrad

Re: [cfe-dev] Enable Block Support with Clang

Conrad Taylor
Hi, I was wondering, what's the correct way to enable block support using Clang?  Is there a configure switch/option within LLVM/CLANG/COMPILER-RT?

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Conrad Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I was wondering, what's the correct way to enable clock suppot using Clang?  Is there a configure switch within LLVM/CLANG/COMPILER-RT?

-Conrad

Re: [cfe-dev] Enable Block Support with Clang

Conrad Taylor
Here's some additional information:

$ clang -v
clang version 1.1 (trunk 94144)
Target: powerpc-apple-darwin9
Thread model: posix

$ clang block.c
block.c:6:6: error: blocks support disabled - compile with -fblocks or pick a deployment target that supports them
int (^myBlock)(int) = ^(int num) {
     ^
block.c:6:23: error: blocks support disabled - compile with -fblocks or pick a deployment target that supports them
int (^myBlock)(int) = ^(int num) {
                      ^
2 diagnostics generated.

Also, I have tried the following without success:

$ clang -fblocks block.c
Undefined symbols:
  "__NSConcreteStackBlock", referenced from:
      __NSConcreteStackBlock$non_lazy_ptr in cc-c9MyZg.o
ld: symbol(s) not found
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

-Conrad

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:34 PM, Conrad Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I was wondering, what's the correct way to enable block support using Clang?  Is there a configure switch/option within LLVM/CLANG/COMPILER-RT?

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 6:32 PM, Conrad Taylor <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi, I was wondering, what's the correct way to enable clock suppot using Clang?  Is there a configure switch within LLVM/CLANG/COMPILER-RT?

-Conrad

Re: [cfe-dev] Enable Block Support with Clang

Daniel Dunbar
Hi Conrad,

This currently isn't as simple as just one configure switch. However,
my recent work on integrating compiler-rt should make this easier.

Note that currently clang doesn't really supporting targeting
PowerPC/Darwin9. It may work, but no one has done the work to make it
ABI compatible, for example.

 - Daniel