Documentation problems?

David Zarzycki via cfe-dev
I want to compile the clang documentation but get warnings treated as errors that prevent the compilation. Many warnings come from "clang/docs/ClangCommandLineReference.rst" because "Duplicate explicit target name", for example in line 18, 182, 370, 468, 484, 522, 596, ... (then I stopped to fix these). How to exactly fix these or is this a real problem at all? (The llvm/docs/ReleaseNotes.rst file has problems too with not indented bullet list.) I use sphinx with python3.

Balázs Kéri

Re: Documentation problems?

David Zarzycki via cfe-dev
Hi Balázs,

I call ninja with -v to see the underlying command which are executed:
`ninja docs-clang-html -v`
This shows me that sphinx-build is executed with -W, and that switch handles all warnings as errors. Just remove that switch and the check will go on and you'll see if your modified doc files creates any new warnings or not.

Gabor