Disable fms-extensions?

David Chisnall via cfe-dev
Hello,

Clang implements MS extensions when using -fms-extension. On windows this option is enabled by default.
Is there any way of disabling it to mirror the behavior of the /Za (-permissive-) option of CL?
Thanks,
-Zahira

Re: Disable fms-extensions?

David Chisnall via cfe-dev
Hi Zahira,

-fms-extensions can obviously be disabled with -fno-ms-extensions. This won't necessarily mirrors /Za exactly, though -- as according to MS, /Za disables *all* C++ extensions, not only MS-specific ones. I doubt anyone tried to implement a mode that mirrors /Za exactly.

Yours,
Andrey
---
Compiler Architect