Quantcast

Compiling LInux Kernel Info

Ammarguellat, Zahira via cfe-dev
Hello Everyone,

I found fhe following message in the LLVMLinux mailing list.
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/llvmlinux/2017-February/001498.html

THere Bernhard Rosenkränzer says he was able to compile a specific linux kernel version. For android and x86_64.
But he had some failures during booting.

Those of you who are interested can read the message for more details.

I would really like to see a working Linux kernel compiled with Clang und linked with LLD. Linking Linux with LLD is currently in progress. See llvm-dev.

I personnally am only a simple user of clang. I have no experience in compiler internals or kernel programming.

Timo

Re: Compiling LInux Kernel Info

On Feb 10, 2017 12:59 PM, "Timo Janssen via cfe-dev" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello Everyone,

I found fhe following message in the LLVMLinux mailing list.
https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/llvmlinux/2017-February/001498.html

THere Bernhard Rosenkränzer says he was able to compile a specific linux kernel version. For android and x86_64.
But he had some failures during booting.

Those of you who are interested can read the message for more details.

I would really like to see a working Linux kernel compiled with Clang und linked with LLD. Linking Linux with LLD is currently in progress. See llvm-dev.

I personnally am only a simple user of clang. I have no experience in compiler internals or kernel programming.

Do you want to gain such experience? This is a good opportunity.

-- Sean Silva

Timo