Compilation problems with cfe/branches/tooling

Compilation problems with cfe/branches/tooling

s0rcy
Hello,

I've been having some compilation problems with the cfe/tooling branch. Specifically, I encounter the following errors:

llvm/tools/clang/utils/TableGen/TableGen.cpp:22:10: fatal error: 'llvm/TableGen/TableGenAction.h' file not found

as well as multiple

llvm/tools/clang/utils/TableGen/NeonEmitter.cpp:248:15: error: use of undeclared identifier 'TGError'

The trunk branch built cleanly, so I assume that the tooling branch isn't up to date and/or different. I tried to "fix" these errors by removing the include (which doesn't exist in the trunk branch), and changing TGError to PrintFatalError (used in the trunk branch), but more errors crop up later in the compilation.

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

Re: Compilation problems with cfe/branches/tooling

Manuel Klimek
On Wed, Feb 20, 2013 at 7:35 AM, s0rcy <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I've been having some compilation problems with the cfe/tooling branch.
Specifically, I encounter the following errors:

llvm/tools/clang/utils/TableGen/TableGen.cpp:22:10: fatal error:
'llvm/TableGen/TableGenAction.h' file not found

as well as multiple

llvm/tools/clang/utils/TableGen/NeonEmitter.cpp:248:15: error: use of
undeclared identifier 'TGError'

The trunk branch built cleanly, so I assume that the tooling branch isn't up
to date and/or different. I tried to "fix" these errors by removing the
include (which doesn't exist in the trunk branch), and changing TGError to
PrintFatalError (used in the trunk branch), but more errors crop up later in
the compilation.

Any suggestions what I might be doing wrong?

I should soon delete the tooling branch - there's one more thing in there we want to put somwhere else, and that's clang-rename (which so far is in prototype state), but everything else has been merged into mainline.

Cheers,
/Manuel

Re: Compilation problems with cfe/branches/tooling

s0rcy
Hah - this is probably exactly what I was looking for. I was trying to compile the rename-method example, but ran into issues compiling with trunk. I assume clang-rename is a more generic tool - I've been looking to build one targeted at ObjectiveC projects.

Thanks for the response!