Quantcast

Clangd BoF?

Philip Reames via cfe-dev
With the LLVM Developers Meeting coming up, would people be interested
in a BoF so that people interested in Clangd could discuss? It could
cover some discussions about goals, challenges, architecture,
collaboration, etc. It would be a good occasion for new people in the
community (like me!) to meet face to face and align with others. Let
me know what you think.

Regards,
Marc-André Laperle

Re: Clangd BoF?

Philip Reames via cfe-dev
On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM Marc-Andre Laperle via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
With the LLVM Developers Meeting coming up, would people be interested
in a BoF so that people interested in Clangd could discuss? It could
cover some discussions about goals, challenges, architecture,
collaboration, etc. It would be a good occasion for new people in the
community (like me!) to meet face to face and align with others. Let
me know what you think.

Good idea! Are you going to set it up?

Regards,
Marc-André Laperle

Re: Clangd BoF?

Philip Reames via cfe-dev
Yes, it looks like paper submission is closed but I'll contact the
program committee directly. If anyone else is interested, please
mention it so we have a idea of the attendance :)

Marc-André

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:37 AM, Manuel Klimek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM Marc-Andre Laperle via cfe-dev
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> With the LLVM Developers Meeting coming up, would people be interested
>> in a BoF so that people interested in Clangd could discuss? It could
>> cover some discussions about goals, challenges, architecture,
>> collaboration, etc. It would be a good occasion for new people in the
>> community (like me!) to meet face to face and align with others. Let
>> me know what you think.
>

> Good idea! Are you going to set it up?
>

>> Regards,
>> Marc-André Laperle

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:37 AM, Manuel Klimek <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM Marc-Andre Laperle via cfe-dev
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> With the LLVM Developers Meeting coming up, would people be interested
>> in a BoF so that people interested in Clangd could discuss? It could
>> cover some discussions about goals, challenges, architecture,
>> collaboration, etc. It would be a good occasion for new people in the
>> community (like me!) to meet face to face and align with others. Let
>> me know what you think.
>

> Good idea! Are you going to set it up?
>

>> Regards,
>> Marc-André Laperle

Re: Clangd BoF?

Philip Reames via cfe-dev
Here is the draft of the abstract I submitted:

Clangd: A new Language Server Protocol implementation leveraging Clang

Clangd is a new tool developed as part of clang-tools-extra. It aims
at implementing the Language Server Protocol, a protocol that provides
IDEs and code editors all the language "smartness". Work in this area
is only just beginning however there is already a large interest
surrounding it. This BoF session will be a nice opportunity for the
attendees to get to know each other as well as discuss several topics
that will help make this tool a success.

Possible agenda/topics:
- Introductions
- Goals and scope of Clangd
- Existing language server implementations. Comparisons,
advantages/disadvantages, etc.
- Challenges
- Proposed architecture
- Collaborations and planning

Keep in mind that this is just a proposal and it will need to be
reviewed and accepted. But I thought I'd share it early anyway :)

Cheers,
Marc-André

On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 11:22 PM, Marc-Andre Laperle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Yes, it looks like paper submission is closed but I'll contact the
> program committee directly. If anyone else is interested, please
> mention it so we have a idea of the attendance :)
>
> Marc-André
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:37 AM, Manuel Klimek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM Marc-Andre Laperle via cfe-dev
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> With the LLVM Developers Meeting coming up, would people be interested
>>> in a BoF so that people interested in Clangd could discuss? It could
>>> cover some discussions about goals, challenges, architecture,
>>> collaboration, etc. It would be a good occasion for new people in the
>>> community (like me!) to meet face to face and align with others. Let
>>> me know what you think.
>>

>> Good idea! Are you going to set it up?
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Marc-André Laperle
>
> On Wed, Feb 8, 2017 at 4:37 AM, Manuel Klimek <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 7, 2017 at 11:07 PM Marc-Andre Laperle via cfe-dev
>> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> With the LLVM Developers Meeting coming up, would people be interested
>>> in a BoF so that people interested in Clangd could discuss? It could
>>> cover some discussions about goals, challenges, architecture,
>>> collaboration, etc. It would be a good occasion for new people in the
>>> community (like me!) to meet face to face and align with others. Let
>>> me know what you think.
>>

>> Good idea! Are you going to set it up?
>>

>>> Regards,
>>> Marc-André Laperle

Re: Clangd BoF?

Philip Reames via cfe-dev
The proposal was accepted!

I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone interested in this subject :)

Cheers,
Marc-André Laperle