Clang now included in Android NDK r8c

Joe Abbey
Hats off to the Android NDK team!

http://developer.android.com/tools/sdk/ndk/index.html

Important changes:
  • Added the Clang 3.1 compiler to the NDK. The GNU Compiler Collection (GCC) 4.6 is still the default, so you must explicitly enable the Clang compiler option as follows:
    • For ndk-build, export NDK_TOOLCHAIN_VERSION=clang3.1 or add this environment variable setting toApplication.mk.
    • For standalone builds, add --llvm-version=3.1 to make-standalone-toolchain.sh and replace CC andCXX in your makefile with <tool-path>/bin/clang and <tool-path>/bin/clang++. See STANDALONE-TOOLCHAIN.html for details.
      Note:
       This feature is experimental. Please try it and report any issues.
Joe

______________________________
Joe Abbey
Director of Software Development
Arxan Technologies
[hidden email] www.arxan.com
Protecting the App Economy™

Re: Clang now included in Android NDK r8c

David Turner
cc +andrewhsieh +loganchien

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 11:21 PM, Joe Abbey <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hats off to the Android NDK team!

Thanks for including me here, but I'd like to clarify that this is all from the really hard work of Andrew Hsieh and Logan Chien, and a few other Android engineers.

(I'm actually not working on Android anymore, Andrew and Logan have taken over the NDK a year ago, and as you can see, they've been very productive :-))

Congrats to them then !

- David