Clang Source to Source Transformation [compile with tool]

Clang Source to Source Transformation [compile with tool]

Adam Cieszkiel via cfe-dev

Hi

I am working on some Clang source-to-source transformation. I am doing it from Clang source code: clang/tools/extra. What I do is that I am adding a printf("Hello World\n"); at the beginning of the main method. It works perfectly, I run my tool as bin/add-code ../../test/hello.c and it turns:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(){
  printf("This is from main ....\n");

  return 0;
}

to this:

#include <stdio.h>

int main(){
  printf("Hello World\n");
  printf("This is from main ....\n");

  return 0;
}

add-code is my clang libtool that I have written.
But this rewritter only write changes to the terminal; while I want to compile hello.c with the modification and want to do it with clang command, clang -c hello.c not like I have done here.
How could I do that?

Best Regards Mustakimur Rahman Khandaker Teaching Assistant and Graduate Student Department of Computer Science Florida State University http://ww2.cs.fsu.edu/~khandake/