[Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

[Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

via cfe-dev
Dear List,

We'd like to add CodeCompass, an open-source, pluginable code
comprehension framework to the list of "Clang Related Projects". One
of the biggest parts of the project, the C/C++ plugin uses
LLVM/Clang's infrastructure to handle parsing and visualisation of
C/C++ code.
See http://github.com/Ericsson/CodeCompass

BR,
Whisperity.

Re: [Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

via cfe-dev
Dear List,

A gentle ping on this matter, who is responsible for maintaining this
collection: https://clang.llvm.org/related.html

Sincerely,
Whisperity :)

> Dear List,
>
> We'd like to add CodeCompass, an open-source, pluginable code
> comprehension framework to the list of "Clang Related Projects". One
> of the biggest parts of the project, the C/C++ plugin uses
> LLVM/Clang's infrastructure to handle parsing and visualisation of
> C/C++ code.
> See http://github.com/Ericsson/CodeCompass
>
> BR,
> Whisperity.

Re: [Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

via cfe-dev
Hi,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:51 AM Whisperity via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> A gentle ping on this matter, who is responsible for maintaining this
> collection: https://clang.llvm.org/related.html

I'm happy to add it for you, can you let me know what exact text do
you want after the link of your project?

Bruno Cardoso Lopes
http://www.brunocardoso.cc

Re: [Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

via cfe-dev
Dear Bruno,

Thank you for taking care of our case.

I think the following description text would be fine:

CodeCompass is an open-source, extensible code comprehension framework
which uses LLVM/Clang to analyze and visualize C and C++ projects. It
also supports both regex-based text search, discovering complex C/C++
language elements, with advanced navigation and visualisation.

The project is available on GitHub: http://github.com/Ericsson/CodeCompass

/* (For the record, it has recently debuted on the IEEE/ACM
International Conference on Program Comprehension 2018 in Göteburg,
Sweden. The paper is available here:
http://gsd.web.elte.hu/papers/2018/codecompass-industry_icpc_2018.pdf.
We've also presented on EuroLLVM 2017:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_ju-aZsFk.
These resources need not go onto the LLVM site, as I'll update the
GitHub README to better highlight them soon.) */

----

Come to think of it, we have another project called CodeChecker (this
might be more familiar to the people here on the list)

CodeChecker

http://github.com/Ericsson/CodeChecker

CodeChecker is a static analysis infrastructure built on the
LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer toolchain. It provides a user interface to
execute analysis of C/C++ projects with Clang SA and Clang-Tidy, which
outputs are then stored into a database navigable via a web
application. This web application and a corresponding command-line
tool supports a variety of report management and issue triaging
options, such as difference view between analyses, automatic
incremental analysis, marking and commenting on individual reports.

/* (The GitHub of this project is more well-kept as it has been
developed more actively in recent times.) */

Thanks,
Whisperity.

> Hi,
>
> On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 6:51 AM Whisperity via cfe-dev
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear List,
>>
>> A gentle ping on this matter, who is responsible for maintaining this
>> collection: https://clang.llvm.org/related.html
>
> I'm happy to add it for you, can you let me know what exact text do
> you want after the link of your project?
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Bruno Cardoso Lopes
> http://www.brunocardoso.cc

Re: [Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

via cfe-dev
Added in r337555.

Cheers,

--
Bruno Cardoso Lopes
http://www.brunocardoso.cc

Re: [Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

via cfe-dev
Thank you!

I can see your commit. My colleagues ask, how often is the deployed
website updated? Will this be "public" when 7.0 ships?

> Added in r337555.
>
> Cheers,
> On Wed, Jul 4, 2018 at 1:20 PM Whisperity <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear Bruno,
>>
>> Thank you for taking care of our case.
>>

>> I think the following description text would be fine:
>>
>> CodeCompass is an open-source, extensible code comprehension framework
>> which uses LLVM/Clang to analyze and visualize C and C++ projects. It
>> also supports both regex-based text search, discovering complex C/C++
>> language elements, with advanced navigation and visualisation.
>>
>> The project is available on GitHub: http://github.com/Ericsson/CodeCompass
>>
>> /* (For the record, it has recently debuted on the IEEE/ACM
>> International Conference on Program Comprehension 2018 in Göteburg,
>> Sweden. The paper is available here:
>> http://gsd.web.elte.hu/papers/2018/codecompass-industry_icpc_2018.pdf.
>> We've also presented on EuroLLVM 2017:
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0_ju-aZsFk.
>> These resources need not go onto the LLVM site, as I'll update the
>> GitHub README to better highlight them soon.) */
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Come to think of it, we have another project called CodeChecker (this
>> might be more familiar to the people here on the list)
>>
>> CodeChecker
>>
>> http://github.com/Ericsson/CodeChecker
>>
>> CodeChecker is a static analysis infrastructure built on the
>> LLVM/Clang Static Analyzer toolchain. It provides a user interface to
>> execute analysis of C/C++ projects with Clang SA and Clang-Tidy, which
>> outputs are then stored into a database navigable via a web
>> application. This web application and a corresponding command-line
>> tool supports a variety of report management and issue triaging
>> options, such as difference view between analyses, automatic
>> incremental analysis, marking and commenting on individual reports.
>>

>> /* (The GitHub of this project is more well-kept as it has been
>> developed more actively in recent times.) */
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Whisperity.

>> > Hi,

>> > I'm happy to add it for you, can you let me know what exact text do
>> > you want after the link of your project?
>> >
>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > --
>> > Bruno Cardoso Lopes
>> > http://www.brunocardoso.cc
>

> --
> Bruno Cardoso Lopes
> http://www.brunocardoso.cc

Re: [Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

via cfe-dev
> I can see your commit. My colleagues ask, how often is the deployed
> website updated?

I'm not sure how often the copy on the server gets updated (perhaps daily?)

> Will this be "public" when 7.0 ships?

Yes

--
Bruno Cardoso Lopes
http://www.brunocardoso.cc

Re: [Clang Related Projects] Request to add our project

via cfe-dev
Dear Bruno!

Thank you for adding. I've just been notified that there is another list where CodeCompass (!) should also be added.

Could you please add the tool with the same description (as on the https://clang.llvm.org/related.html) here too?

; Whisperity.