Clang OpenCL support query

Kavya Shagrithaya
Hi,

I am new to clang and am trying to use the libclc library to compile OpenCL programs.
I have downloaded and built the libclc library, clang and llvm. How do I indicate the location
of the libclc files to the clang driver? Is there any specific path where this library needs to be placed?

Kavya

Re: Clang OpenCL support query

Peter Collingbourne
On Mon, Jan 23, 2012 at 01:43:29PM -0500, Kavya Shagrithaya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new to clang and am trying to use the libclc library to compile OpenCL
> programs.
> I have downloaded and built the libclc library, clang and llvm. How do I
> indicate the location
> of the libclc files to the clang driver? Is there any specific path where
> this library needs to be placed?

Hi Kavya,

There is a script compile-test.sh in the libclc root directory
which can be used to compile a given OpenCL C program for PTX.
Eventually I hope to move some of this logic to Clang's driver or
have libclc's build system create a configuration file for the driver
(cf. the upcoming driver redesign [1]).

Peter

[1] http://lists.cs.uiuc.edu/pipermail/cfe-commits/Week-of-Mon-20120116/051504.html