Change of code owner for Clang Static Analyzer

Change of code owner for Clang Static Analyzer

Manas via cfe-dev
Hi All,

I would like to change the code owner for the Clang Static Analyzer from me to Artem Dergachev.

As my direct involvement in the Clang Static Analyzer has decreased, Artem has stepped up by screening Bugzilla bugs, leading Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and reviewing many of the most critical patches to the analyzer. Artem has an encyclopedic knowledge of the analyzer and is always willing to share his deep expertise in the codebase through code reviews and architecture discussions. Artem is deeply invested in making the analyzer better and has also been a strong advocate for folks who are new to the community. He also has mentored many static analyzer Google Summer of Code students over the years.

I do hope to continue to be involved in the static analyzer, but I am also excited to be able to put the official stewardship into Artem’s very capable hands. Artem has graciously agreed to take over the responsibility if the community is supportive of that change.

Thanks,
Devin

Re: Change of code owner for Clang Static Analyzer

Manas via cfe-dev
On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 2:17 PM Devin Coughlin via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to change the code owner for the Clang Static Analyzer from me to Artem Dergachev.
>
> As my direct involvement in the Clang Static Analyzer has decreased, Artem has stepped up by screening Bugzilla bugs, leading Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and reviewing many of the most critical patches to the analyzer. Artem has an encyclopedic knowledge of the analyzer and is always willing to share his deep expertise in the codebase through code reviews and architecture discussions. Artem is deeply invested in making the analyzer better and has also been a strong advocate for folks who are new to the community. He also has mentored many static analyzer Google Summer of Code students over the years.
>
> I do hope to continue to be involved in the static analyzer, but I am also excited to be able to put the official stewardship into Artem’s very capable hands. Artem has graciously agreed to take over the responsibility if the community is supportive of that change.

+1 from me -- thank you for the hard work over the years Devin, and
thank you for offering to step up, Artem!

~Aaron

> Thanks,
> Devin

Re: Change of code owner for Clang Static Analyzer

Manas via cfe-dev
+1. I think Artem is the most capable for this role. I can only echo what Aaron said, thanks for all the work keeping the analyzer going and cultivating the community around it. I am also rooting for Devin to find time to be involved in the development.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to change the code owner for the Clang Static Analyzer from me to Artem Dergachev.
>
> As my direct involvement in the Clang Static Analyzer has decreased, Artem has stepped up by screening Bugzilla bugs, leading Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and reviewing many of the most critical patches to the analyzer. Artem has an encyclopedic knowledge of the analyzer and is always willing to share his deep expertise in the codebase through code reviews and architecture discussions. Artem is deeply invested in making the analyzer better and has also been a strong advocate for folks who are new to the community. He also has mentored many static analyzer Google Summer of Code students over the years.
>
> I do hope to continue to be involved in the static analyzer, but I am also excited to be able to put the official stewardship into Artem’s very capable hands. Artem has graciously agreed to take over the responsibility if the community is supportive of that change.

+1 from me -- thank you for the hard work over the years Devin, and
thank you for offering to step up, Artem!

~Aaron

> Thanks,
> Devin

Re: Change of code owner for Clang Static Analyzer

Manas via cfe-dev
Sounds good to me assuming no objections in the next 48 hours.

Congratulations Artem, and thank you for all the work Devin!

-Chris

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to change the code owner for the Clang Static Analyzer from me to Artem Dergachev.
>
> As my direct involvement in the Clang Static Analyzer has decreased, Artem has stepped up by screening Bugzilla bugs, leading Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and reviewing many of the most critical patches to the analyzer. Artem has an encyclopedic knowledge of the analyzer and is always willing to share his deep expertise in the codebase through code reviews and architecture discussions. Artem is deeply invested in making the analyzer better and has also been a strong advocate for folks who are new to the community. He also has mentored many static analyzer Google Summer of Code students over the years.
>
> I do hope to continue to be involved in the static analyzer, but I am also excited to be able to put the official stewardship into Artem’s very capable hands. Artem has graciously agreed to take over the responsibility if the community is supportive of that change.

+1 from me -- thank you for the hard work over the years Devin, and
thank you for offering to step up, Artem!

~Aaron

> Thanks,
> Devin

Re: Change of code owner for Clang Static Analyzer

Manas via cfe-dev
+1 from my side as a beginner to the Clang Static Analyser. Artem (along with Valeriy) have been the reason I did not quit trying to make a first patch. It would be great to have him as the owner of the Clang Static Analyser.
Warm regards,
Deep

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to change the code owner for the Clang Static Analyzer from me to Artem Dergachev.
>
> As my direct involvement in the Clang Static Analyzer has decreased, Artem has stepped up by screening Bugzilla bugs, leading Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and reviewing many of the most critical patches to the analyzer. Artem has an encyclopedic knowledge of the analyzer and is always willing to share his deep expertise in the codebase through code reviews and architecture discussions. Artem is deeply invested in making the analyzer better and has also been a strong advocate for folks who are new to the community. He also has mentored many static analyzer Google Summer of Code students over the years.
>
> I do hope to continue to be involved in the static analyzer, but I am also excited to be able to put the official stewardship into Artem’s very capable hands. Artem has graciously agreed to take over the responsibility if the community is supportive of that change.

+1 from me -- thank you for the hard work over the years Devin, and
thank you for offering to step up, Artem!

~Aaron

> Thanks,
> Devin

Re: Change of code owner for Clang Static Analyzer

Manas via cfe-dev
Big fat +1 from me!
Congrats Artem, and many thanks to Devin for all the work you put into the analyzer over these years!

-Valeriy

<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I would like to change the code owner for the Clang Static Analyzer from me to Artem Dergachev.
>
> As my direct involvement in the Clang Static Analyzer has decreased, Artem has stepped up by screening Bugzilla bugs, leading Birds-of-a-Feather sessions, and reviewing many of the most critical patches to the analyzer. Artem has an encyclopedic knowledge of the analyzer and is always willing to share his deep expertise in the codebase through code reviews and architecture discussions. Artem is deeply invested in making the analyzer better and has also been a strong advocate for folks who are new to the community. He also has mentored many static analyzer Google Summer of Code students over the years.
>
> I do hope to continue to be involved in the static analyzer, but I am also excited to be able to put the official stewardship into Artem’s very capable hands. Artem has graciously agreed to take over the responsibility if the community is supportive of that change.

+1 from me -- thank you for the hard work over the years Devin, and
thank you for offering to step up, Artem!

~Aaron

> Thanks,
> Devin

Re: Change of code owner for Clang Static Analyzer

Manas via cfe-dev

Sounds good to me.  Artem is the best choice. Congratulations, Artem.

Thanks Devin for the lot of work you have put in the Static Analyzer!