Can't configure clang with cygwin (leaves an error message)

Can't configure clang with cygwin (leaves an error message)

crazygamealexs
It gives me this error message.
$ ./configure
./configure: line 16: $'\r': command not found
./configure: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
./configure: line 26: `  case `(set -o) 2>/dev/null` in *posix*) set -o posix;;
'sac

Re: Can't configure clang with cygwin (leaves an error message)

Steven Watanabe
AMDG

[hidden email] wrote:
> It gives me this error message.
> $ ./configure
> ./configure: line 16: $'\r': command not found
> ./configure: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> ./configure: line 26: `  case `(set -o) 2>/dev/null` in *posix*) set -o posix;;
> 'sac

dos2unix configure should fix the line endings or you
could check out llvm and clang with a cygwin svn client.
Alternately, someone could set svn:eol-style to LF for
shell scripts.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

Re: Can't configure clang with cygwin (leaves an error message)

Eric Christopher-2

On Aug 30, 2010, at 7:34 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> It gives me this error message.
> $ ./configure
> ./configure: line 16: $'\r': command not found
> ./configure: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
> ./configure: line 26: `  case `(set -o) 2>/dev/null` in *posix*) set -o posix;;
> 'sac

I regenerated the toplevel configure today, but there aren't any changes in that area so it wouldn't have changed (and didn't as far as I can tell from a diff).

Are you sure everything is set up the same way on your machine as it was last time?

-eric

Re: Can't configure clang with cygwin (leaves an error message)

crazygamealexs

The dos2unix doesn't work it gives me another error. I don't know any cygwin
clients anywhere.
>> ./configure: line 16: $'\r': command not found
>> ./configure: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
>> ./configure: line 26: `  case `(set -o) 2>/dev/null` in *posix*) set -o
>> posix;;
>> 'sac
>>

> dos2unix configure should fix the line endings or you
> could check out llvm and clang with a cygwin svn client.
> Alternately, someone could set svn:eol-style to LF for
> shell scripts.
>
> In Christ,
> Steven Watanabe

Re: Can't configure clang with cygwin (leaves an error message)

crazygamealexs

> On Aug 30, 2010, at 7:34 PM, [hidden email] wrote:
>
>> It gives me this error message.
>> $ ./configure
>> ./configure: line 16: $'\r': command not found
>> ./configure: line 26: syntax error near unexpected token `newline'
>> ./configure: line 26: `  case `(set -o) 2>/dev/null` in *posix*) set -o
>> posix;;
>> 'sac
>
> I regenerated the toplevel configure today, but there aren't any changes
> in that area so it wouldn't have changed (and didn't as far as I can tell
> from a diff).
>
> Are you sure everything is set up the same way on your machine as it was
> last time?
>
> -eric

Reinstall cygwin it gives me this error.
configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh autoconf/config.sub
It frustrates me because I have it working before.

On Aug 31, 2010, at 1:58 PM, [hidden email] wrote:

> [...]

I don't know what you did.  I'm sorry.

-eric

[hidden email] wrote:
> The dos2unix doesn't work it gives me another error.

What error do you get?

> I don't know any cygwin clients anywhere.

Doesn't cygwin have a svn package?

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe

[hidden email] wrote:
> "Steven Watanabe" <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> [hidden email] wrote:
>>> The dos2unix doesn't work it gives me another error.
>> What error do you get?
> The error is :configure: error: cannot run /bin/sh autoconf/config.sub

Okay.  I'd guess that you need to dos2unix this as well.

In Christ,
Steven Watanabe