Can clang generate COFF files on Linux host?

Can clang generate COFF files on Linux host?

shirley breuer via cfe-dev
Hi!

Just now I wrote a linker for KolibriOS. It's based on lld-link so it only works with COFF inputs. But my development environment is Linux. Is there any way to ask clang to generate COFF objects?

Or, maybe, it may be compiled with some cmake flags to make it generate COFFs instead of ELFs?

Currently I have to use MinGW to test the linker, but I gonna port clang, not MinGW, so it's better if clang could generate COFFs. Or I have to implement both ELF and COFF objects handling in the linker.

Thanks,
Magomed