CXCursor_InclusionDirective semantics

Stefan Seefeld-4
What is the exact semantic of CXCursor_InclusionDirective ? I'm trying
to use it to detect inclusion directives found in a translation unit.
However, I'm only seeing the ones from the toplevel source file that is
being parsed.

Why aren't inclusion directive being reported transitively ? Is this a
feature or a bug ?

Thanks,
         Stefan

Re: CXCursor_InclusionDirective semantics

Douglas Gregor

On Apr 10, 2011, at 6:58 PM, Stefan Seefeld wrote:

> What is the exact semantic of CXCursor_InclusionDirective ? I'm trying
> to use it to detect inclusion directives found in a translation unit.
> However, I'm only seeing the ones from the toplevel source file that is
> being parsed.
>
> Why aren't inclusion directive being reported transitively ? Is this a
> feature or a bug ?

Perhaps it's a bug, or you're doing some kind of filtering? If I run c-index-test -test-load-source all <some file including stdlib.h>, I see CXCursor_InclusionDirective cursors for the transitive inclusion of everything that <stdlib.h> includes.

        - Doug