C++ Support

Jason W.
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I thought I would
introduce myself and offer my help.

I am a graduate student at Arkansas State University (Texas A&M next
fall).

I am interested in helping to add C++ support to clang. Is there
anybody I can talk to about this?

Re: C++ Support

Sebastian Redl
Jason W. wrote:
> I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I thought I would
> introduce myself and offer my help.
>
> I am a graduate student at Arkansas State University (Texas A&M next
> fall).
>
> I am interested in helping to add C++ support to clang. Is there
> anybody I can talk to about this?

You're in the right place. The best way to start is to pick a bug and
fix it.

Sebastian

Re: C++ Support

Jason W.
I actually wish to do this as part of the google summer of code if I
can (would allow me to work on it full time)

I'll definitely look through the bug database and see what I can do,
since I need to start somewhere.

At Texas A&M I plan to do research on c++ so I see getting involved
with clang as a potential place to get involved.

I'll stop yammering now, next time I'll have something more useful
like a patch.

Who are the gsoc mentors for llvm this year?

On Mar 7, 2010, at 4:57 AM, Sebastian Redl <[hidden email]
 > wrote:

> Jason W. wrote:
>> I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I thought I would
>> introduce myself and offer my help.
>>
>> I am a graduate student at Arkansas State University (Texas A&M next
>> fall).
>>
>> I am interested in helping to add C++ support to clang. Is there
>> anybody I can talk to about this?
>>
> You're in the right place. The best way to start is to pick a bug and
> fix it.
>
> Sebastian

Re: C++ Support

Douglas Gregor

On Mar 8, 2010, at 3:01 PM, Jason W. wrote:

> I actually wish to do this as part of the google summer of code if I
> can (would allow me to work on it full time)

> I'll definitely look through the bug database and see what I can do,
> since I need to start somewhere.

For GSoC, it certainly helps your application if you're already involved with Clang/LLVM, and fixing bugs is a great way to get started doing that. For a GSoC application specifically, however, you'll want to propose a well-defined project. Once you get a feel for Clang, you'll probably find some big gaping hole that you want to fill :)

> At Texas A&M I plan to do research on c++ so I see getting involved
> with clang as a potential place to get involved.
>
> I'll stop yammering now, next time I'll have something more useful
> like a patch.
>
> Who are the gsoc mentors for llvm this year?

I don't think we know yet, but there will certainly be one or more potential mentors for a Clang C++-related project.

        - Doug

C++ Support

R P Herrold
On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Jason W. wrote:

> At Texas A&M I plan to do research on c++ so I see getting involved
> with clang as a potential place to get involved.
>
> I'll stop yammering now, next time I'll have something more useful
> like a patch.
>
> Who are the gsoc mentors for llvm this year?

I might ask this guy:
  http://parasol.tamu.edu/~bs/

-- Russ herrold