C++23 P0330

shirley breuer via cfe-dev
Hello,

I was inspired by a recent tweet that said the C++23 feature of adding size_t suffixes was checked into gcc. I have never worked on the clang code base, much less tried to implement a feature, but I figured since the scope of this feature was relatively small, it might be a good place to start.

Attached is my initial patch.

I am looking for some guidance as to what kind of unit tests and other considerations would be required before this patch could be accepted.

Thank you!

P0330.diff (1K) Download Attachment

Re: C++23 P0330

shirley breuer via cfe-dev
Clang tests generally go in clang/test/<directories matching the
library/header directories> - usually the way I go about finding if
there's a related test to add more functionality to, is by breaking
something nearby that works, and seeing which tests fail. (make
check-clang)

On Thu, Feb 4, 2021 at 10:29 AM Adalid Claure via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was inspired by a recent tweet that said the C++23 feature of adding size_t suffixes was checked into gcc. I have never worked on the clang code base, much less tried to implement a feature, but I figured since the scope of this feature was relatively small, it might be a good place to start.
>
> Attached is my initial patch.
>
> I am looking for some guidance as to what kind of unit tests and other considerations would be required before this patch could be accepted.
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thank you!

Re: C++23 P0330

shirley breuer via cfe-dev
On Thu, 4 Feb 2021 at 10:29, Adalid Claure via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I was inspired by a recent tweet that said the C++23 feature of adding size_t suffixes was checked into gcc. I have never worked on the clang code base, much less tried to implement a feature, but I figured since the scope of this feature was relatively small, it might be a good place to start.

Attached is my initial patch.

I am looking for some guidance as to what kind of unit tests and other considerations would be required before this patch could be accepted.

'size_t' isn't necessarily 'unsigned long'; I think we'll need a flag separate from 'isLong' to track whether 'z' was present.

Thank you!