Building the Analyzer from Source

Sean McBride
Hi all,

I'm trying to build the static analyzer from source.  It says here:

<http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/installation#OtherPlatforms>

"the resultant clang binary will be in $(OBJDIR)/Debug+Asserts".  That
seems wrong, it should be $(OBJDIR)/Debug+Asserts/bin AFAICT.

I suspect the next paragraph is out of date too.  I cannot seem to find
where the scan-build and scan-view programs are built to.  Must one use
autotools or CMake or either for them to be built?

Re: Building the Analyzer from Source

Charles Davis-3
On 9/24/10 8:38 AM, Sean McBride wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to build the static analyzer from source.  It says here:
>
> <http://clang-analyzer.llvm.org/installation#OtherPlatforms>
>
> "the resultant clang binary will be in $(OBJDIR)/Debug+Asserts".  That
> seems wrong, it should be $(OBJDIR)/Debug+Asserts/bin AFAICT.
True, that probably needs to be fixed.

> I suspect the next paragraph is out of date too.  I cannot seem to find
> where the scan-build and scan-view programs are built to.  Must one use
> autotools or CMake or either for them to be built?
Nope. They're not built at all. That's because they're Perl scripts, so
they don't need to be built. The scripts are in
<clang>/tools/scan-{build,view}.

Chip