Branding of Clang binary on FreeBSD

Ed Schouten
FYI,

I've just branded our Clang binary as follows:

$ clang -v
clang r104832 20100610 [FreeBSD]
clang version 2.0 (trunk)
Target: x86_64-undermydesk-freebsd9.0
Thread model: posix

So in case you see version output like this in bug reports, it's the
binary that's shipped with FreeBSD HEAD.

Greetings,
--
 Ed Schouten <[hidden email]>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

Re: Branding of Clang binary on FreeBSD

Ed Schouten
* Ed Schouten <[hidden email]> wrote:
> $ clang -v
> clang r104832 20100610 [FreeBSD]
> clang version 2.0 (trunk)

Ideally I'd like to have something like:

FreeBSD clang version 2.0 (trunk 104832) [20100610]

Where we just have the option to add our own keywords at the end of the
version string. I've attached a patch that allows you to both prepend
and append version info. Comments?

--
 Ed Schouten <[hidden email]>
 WWW: http://80386.nl/

clangver.txt (2K) Download Attachment

Re: Branding of Clang binary on FreeBSD

Daniel Dunbar
Hi Ed,

We already support two separate tags, if you use branches. For
example, an Apple clang will get branded something like:
Apple clang version 2.0 (tags/Apple/clang-107).

If you create Clang branches to match your release, then you could get
the same behavior without adding another mechanism to the code. Would
this be sufficient?

 - Daniel