Any news on std::experimental::source_location (and/or _builtin_FILE etc.)

Any news on std::experimental::source_location (and/or _builtin_FILE etc.)

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev
Hi all,

I recently tried to implement certain error handling boilerplate without
the use of macros. source_location as described in
http://www.open-std.org/jtc1/sc22/wg21/docs/papers/2015/n4519.pdf would
be a perfect fit for this.

I was able to implement source_location in gcc via __builtin_FILE(),
__builtin_LINE(), etc. clang does not support these yet. I found two
review requests (https://reviews.llvm.org/D36389 and
https://reviews.llvm.org/D37035) that seemed to be working on
source_location and the builtins.
Are there any plans for integrating either the builtins or full fledged
source_location?

regards

Fabio

Re: Any news on std::experimental::source_location (and/or _builtin_FILE etc.)

Louis Dionne via cfe-dev
Yes, there are plans to do both.

I haven't been able to update/finish the patches due to school work, but I plan to
land both the builtins and source_location over the Christmas break.

/Eric