[Analyzer] Unfortunate Asymmetry between Checker and BugReporterVisitor behaviors

[Analyzer] Unfortunate Asymmetry between Checker and BugReporterVisitor behaviors

James Y Knight via cfe-dev
Hi All,

On a static analyzer checker run, clang will happily generate implicit constructors, and then analyze them just as it would any other function. However, when a bug is found and a BugReporterVisitor retraces the path that led to the bug, it is as if the implicitly generated functions never existed. I believe that these implicit calls should have an associated ImplicitCallPoint program point, but in my observations they do not. In fact I can't seem to produce any code that will ever have an ImplicitCallPoint, which makes me thing that this is a dead feature. Is this a bug?

~Scott Constable