AltiVec support with remarks considered

Anton Yartsev
Hi all,

Attached are the header and the patch giving support for all the
predicates and a portion of another AltiVec functions. The test is also
attached.
'altivec.h' is now included implicitly when '-faltivec' option is set.
Only vital builtins are handled by clang, others are supported via header.
Please review.

--
Anton

altivec.h (39K) Download Attachment
altivec.patch (10K) Download Attachment
builtins-pcc-altivec.c (18K) Download Attachment

Re: AltiVec support with remarks considered

Chris Lattner

On Apr 5, 2010, at 8:13 PM, Anton Yartsev wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Attached are the header and the patch giving support for all the predicates and a portion of another AltiVec functions. The test is also attached.
> 'altivec.h' is now included implicitly when '-faltivec' option is set. Only vital builtins are handled by clang, others are supported via header.
> Please review.

Hi Anton,

I have no opinion or background to decide if this implements the feature properly, but the patch itself looks great to me.

One minor change though: please remove __builtin_altivec_abs_v4sf.  Instead of having the builtin, you can just implement vec_abs with the corresponding expanded code in the header.  Feel free to apply the patch (or resend and I'll apply) with that change.

Thanks!

-Chris

On 13.04.2010 5:12, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Apr 5, 2010, at 8:13 PM, Anton Yartsev wrote:
>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> Attached are the header and the patch giving support for all the predicates and a portion of another AltiVec functions. The test is also attached.
>> 'altivec.h' is now included implicitly when '-faltivec' option is set. Only vital builtins are handled by clang, others are supported via header.
>> Please review.
>>
> Hi Anton,
>
> I have no opinion or background to decide if this implements the feature properly, but the patch itself looks great to me.
>
> One minor change though: please remove __builtin_altivec_abs_v4sf.  Instead of having the builtin, you can just implement vec_abs with the corresponding expanded code in the header.  Feel free to apply the patch (or resend and I'll apply) with that change.
>
> Thanks!
>
> -Chris
Hi Chris,

here are updated files

altivec.patch (9K) Download Attachment

On Apr 13, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Anton Yartsev wrote:

>> One minor change though: please remove __builtin_altivec_abs_v4sf.  Instead of having the builtin, you can just implement vec_abs with the corresponding expanded code in the header.  Feel free to apply the patch (or resend and I'll apply) with that change.
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> -Chris
> Hi Chris,
>
> here are updated files

Applied in r101215!  Note that I had to xfail test/Parser/cxx-altivec.cpp since it is now dying with this patch, please investigate.

-Chris

On 14.04.2010 7:56, Chris Lattner wrote:

> On Apr 13, 2010, at 4:22 PM, Anton Yartsev wrote:
>

>>> One minor change though: please remove __builtin_altivec_abs_v4sf.  Instead of having the builtin, you can just implement vec_abs with the corresponding expanded code in the header.  Feel free to apply the patch (or resend and I'll apply) with that change.
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>>
>>> -Chris
>>>
>> Hi Chris,
>>
>> here are updated files
>>
> Applied in r101215!  Note that I had to xfail test/Parser/cxx-altivec.cpp since it is now dying with this patch, please investigate.
>
> -Chris
Added explicit type casting for cpp
Additionally removed all unneeded functions with plain char argument(s)

--
Anton

altivec.patch (22K) Download Attachment

On Apr 14, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Anton Yartsev wrote:

>> Applied in r101215!  Note that I had to xfail test/Parser/cxx-altivec.cpp since it is now dying with this patch, please investigate.
>>
>> -Chris
> Added explicit type casting for cpp
> Additionally removed all unneeded functions with plain char argument(s)

Applied in r101281, thanks!