Adding linker flag `-save-temps` resolves the clang-8 error: "unable to make temporary file"

Adding linker flag `-save-temps` resolves the clang-8 error: "unable to make temporary file"

Tom Stellard via cfe-dev
Hi clang devs,
I am using Windows10 + Cygwin + Eclipse +  LLVM toolchain to build a C/C++ project.

The files compile fine, but linking with `clang++` fails with multiple `error: unable to make temporary file: No such file or directory`.

    clang++ -o test "source1.bc" "source2.bc" "source3.bc"
    clang-8: error: unable to make temporary file: No such file or directory
    clang-8: error: unable to make temporary file: No such file or directory
    clang-8: error: unable to make temporary file: No such file or directory

Linker generates one error per each object file.

However, when I add the `-save-temps` option to linker, it works OK.

I am launching Eclipse.exe from within Cygwin. I have tried to set TMP, TEMP to /temp, /temp/, /cygdrive/c/temp, etc, but nothing worked.

What could be the problem?

Thanks,
Danijel Domazet

- Confidential -