Adding extra debug information

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev
Hi cfe-dev,

I'm quite new to Clang. When using Clang 5.0 with -g, the generated llvm IR has loop metadata. I am trying to add more information to that metadata node, but am having trouble knowing where to start. Can anyone point me to what files/classes I should be looking at to make such a change?

Thank you!

Eli Davis

Re: Adding extra debug information

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev
Hi Eli,

You might start by grepping for MD_loop in llvm, or by reading through lib/Analysis/LoopInfo.cpp.

vedant

> On Nov 30, 2017, at 8:39 AM, via cfe-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi cfe-dev,
>
> I'm quite new to Clang. When using Clang 5.0 with -g, the generated llvm IR has loop metadata. I am trying to add more information to that metadata node, but am having trouble knowing where to start. Can anyone point me to what files/classes I should be looking at to make such a change?
>
> Thank you!
>
> Eli Davis

Re: Adding extra debug information

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev
LoopInfo.cpp looked like exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!