Adding docs about emitting diagnostics and fixit hints

Adding docs about emitting diagnostics and fixit hints

Robinson, Paul via cfe-dev
Hi all,

I’ve been delving into clang tools lately and found it quite hard to find documentation or resources w.r.t. plugging into clang’s diagnostics and FixIt hint infrastructure. For this reason I just published a blog post about the subject, to spare future devs the hassle of getting all that information from the clang source: http://www.goldsborough.me/c++/clang/llvm/tools/2017/02/24/00-00-06-emitting_diagnostics_and_fixithints_in_clang_tools/

I’d like to suggest that we could maybe extract parts of that blog post into official documentation under tools/clang/docs. The internals manual provides a nice overview of the subject but it lacks practical examples. Would that be useful? If so, I’d be glad if someone could scan the post for mistakes and maybe point out how I could best approach this.

Thanks,

Peter Goldsborough
[hidden email]

Flat 410, Seth Court, 23 Parmiter St London E2 9EX, UK
http://goldsborough.me

Twitter LinkedIn Github Stack Overflow