About Entity

Zhongxing Xu
Currently we treat all local VarDecls and struct FieldDecls as
external Entity. Shall we create them as internal Entity or make them
invalid Entity? I feel that it does not make too much sense to make
them Entities. But making them internal Entities seems no harm.

- Zhongxing

Re: About Entity

Argyrios Kyrtzidis
I would lean slightly to 'internal' for generality, so that functions that handle them can work on both external and local decls, but I don't have a strong opinion on this.

But if the way is to not make them entities at all, then the concept of internal entities should be removed.

-Argiris

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Zhongxing Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Currently we treat all local VarDecls and struct FieldDecls as
external Entity. Shall we create them as internal Entity or make them
invalid Entity? I feel that it does not make too much sense to make
them Entities. But making them internal Entities seems no harm.

- Zhongxing

Re: About Entity

Zhongxing Xu
Hi Argiris,

Since the all usages of the Entity is still unclear, let's leave them
as 'internal' Entites.

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Argyrios Kyrtzidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would lean slightly to 'internal' for generality, so that functions that
> handle them can work on both external and local decls, but I don't have a
> strong opinion on this.
> But if the way is to not make them entities at all, then the concept of
> internal entities should be removed.
> -Argiris
>
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Zhongxing Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Currently we treat all local VarDecls and struct FieldDecls as
>> external Entity. Shall we create them as internal Entity or make them
>> invalid Entity? I feel that it does not make too much sense to make
>> them Entities. But making them internal Entities seems no harm.
>>
>> - Zhongxing

Re: About Entity

Zhongxing Xu
Hi Argiris,

I have an idea to let the Entity reflect the linkage of a name. If a
name has external linkage, we make it an 'external' Entity. If a name
has internal linkage, we make it an 'internal' Entity. If a name has
no linkage, we make it an invalid Entity. What do you think?

On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:48 PM, Argyrios Kyrtzidis <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I would lean slightly to 'internal' for generality, so that functions that
> handle them can work on both external and local decls, but I don't have a
> strong opinion on this.
> But if the way is to not make them entities at all, then the concept of
> internal entities should be removed.
> -Argiris
>
> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 1:07 PM, Zhongxing Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Currently we treat all local VarDecls and struct FieldDecls as
>> external Entity. Shall we create them as internal Entity or make them
>> invalid Entity? I feel that it does not make too much sense to make
>> them Entities. But making them internal Entities seems no harm.
>>
>> - Zhongxing

Re: About Entity

Argyrios Kyrtzidis
Hi Zhongxing,

On Mon, Jul 5, 2010 at 3:15 AM, Zhongxing Xu <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Argiris,

I have an idea to let the Entity reflect the linkage of a name. If a
name has external linkage, we make it an 'external' Entity. If a name
has internal linkage, we make it an 'internal' Entity. If a name has
no linkage, we make it an invalid Entity. What do you think?

Makes sense; sounds good!

-Argiris