[9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

[9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Nathan Ridge via cfe-dev
Hello everyone,

The release branch for LLVM 9 and its sub-projects was just created
from trunk at r366426, and the trunk version was subsequently bumped
to 10.0.0.

Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR42474 Please mark
any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
blocking that.

To get a change committed to the branch, first commit it to trunk as
usual, and then request it to be merged --- ideally by filing a
blocker bug on https://llvm.org/PR42474, or by cc'ing me on the commit
email. (Please don't request merges over IRC; there's a high risk I'll
miss them.)

Please help with the release by notifying me about any bugs, commits,
or other issues you think might be relevant. If it's not already
tracked as a blocker of the release bug, or I'm not cc'd on an email
about it, I will probably miss it.

When the branch is in good enough shape, hopefully by tomorrow, the
first release candidate (RC1) will be tagged and testing can begin.
The release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
right at https://llvm.org

Many thanks,
Hans

Re: [llvm-dev] [9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Nathan Ridge via cfe-dev
Meanwhile, where is the 8.0.1 release?  The web page says it was
supposed to be released July 17th, but so far I don't see it on the
web site.

On 7/18/19, Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The release branch for LLVM 9 and its sub-projects was just created
> from trunk at r366426, and the trunk version was subsequently bumped
> to 10.0.0.
>
> Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR42474 Please mark
> any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
> blocking that.
>
> To get a change committed to the branch, first commit it to trunk as
> usual, and then request it to be merged --- ideally by filing a
> blocker bug on https://llvm.org/PR42474, or by cc'ing me on the commit
> email. (Please don't request merges over IRC; there's a high risk I'll
> miss them.)
>
> Please help with the release by notifying me about any bugs, commits,
> or other issues you think might be relevant. If it's not already
> tracked as a blocker of the release bug, or I'm not cc'd on an email
> about it, I will probably miss it.
>
> When the branch is in good enough shape, hopefully by tomorrow, the
> first release candidate (RC1) will be tagged and testing can begin.
> The release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
> right at https://llvm.org
>
> Many thanks,
> Hans

Re: [Release-testers] [9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Nathan Ridge via cfe-dev
On Thu, 2019-07-18 at 14:19 +0200, Hans Wennborg via Release-testers
wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The release branch for LLVM 9 and its sub-projects was just created
> from trunk at r366426, and the trunk version was subsequently bumped
> to 10.0.0.
>
> Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR42474 Please mark
> any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
> blocking that.
>
> To get a change committed to the branch, first commit it to trunk as
> usual, and then request it to be merged --- ideally by filing a
> blocker bug on https://llvm.org/PR42474, or by cc'ing me on the commit
> email. (Please don't request merges over IRC; there's a high risk I'll
> miss them.)
>
> Please help with the release by notifying me about any bugs, commits,
> or other issues you think might be relevant. If it's not already
> tracked as a blocker of the release bug, or I'm not cc'd on an email
> about it, I will probably miss it.
>
> When the branch is in good enough shape, hopefully by tomorrow, the
> first release candidate (RC1) will be tagged and testing can begin.
> The release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
> right at https://llvm.org

Could you please do the necessary magic for 'release_90' branches to
appear on llvm-mirror/* repos?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny

Re: [Release-testers] [9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Nathan Ridge via cfe-dev
On Sun, Jul 21, 2019 at 3:04 AM Michał Górny via cfe-dev
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Thu, 2019-07-18 at 14:19 +0200, Hans Wennborg via Release-testers
> wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > The release branch for LLVM 9 and its sub-projects was just created
> > from trunk at r366426, and the trunk version was subsequently bumped
> > to 10.0.0.
> >

> Could you please do the necessary magic for 'release_90' branches to
> appear on llvm-mirror/* repos?

I'd like to echo this request. I help maintain a downstream LLVM
repository that I haven't yet been able to migrate to the monorepo
structure (I know, I will! It's a work in progress :) ). I'd like to
rebase our downstream patches on top of a 9.0.0 release branch, but am
currently unable to do so because the mirrors do not have such a
branch.

Alternatively, does anyone have a convenient way to determine which
mirror commit represents the branching point of the 9.0.0 release
branch? I tried determining this for myself by checking out the
branching point r366423 in each SVN sub-repository and seeing the most
recent commit, and I got these.

* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/llvm/commit/0bf4f3f8528e6b79cba86ab2ac41d616567f0c6d,
r366423
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang/commit/10837c359218716121413d25701edecde5266b29,
r366429
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/clang-tools-extra/commit/f34df41e952a2948d00e40d0c985e9b173cdedca,
r366420
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/lld/commit/0c814a769e61b22b7b27fa624ebf7e53a1211eae,
r366424
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/compiler-rt/commit/41522da1fb978b3d17e9fbf84a0f490ab6855c57,
r366413
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/libcxx/commit/7524ef50093a376f334a62a7e5cebf5d238d4c99,
r366359
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/libcxxabi/commit/74d1e602c76350f0760bf6907910e4f3a4fccffe,
r365944
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/openmp/commit/c1b1ef1c009f285690b40a96f0853ec2b1573fbb,
r366349
* https://github.com/llvm-mirror/lldb/commit/aaecb53ef71efec5d4bcfcd677e984ab971e2d99,
r366426

So I'm thinking that checking out the mirror commits above and
applying the same patches on top as applied to the llvm-project
release branch would get me a mirror release branch. But if anyone can
confirm that, or if they know an easier way to find these mirror
commits, please let me know. Thanks!

- Brian Gesiak

Re: [Release-testers] [9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Nathan Ridge via cfe-dev
> > When the branch is in good enough shape, hopefully by tomorrow, the
> > first release candidate (RC1) will be tagged and testing can begin.
> > The release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
> > right at https://llvm.org
> >

> Could you please do the necessary magic for 'release_90' branches to
> appear on llvm-mirror/* repos?
Should be there. At lest on official mirrors

--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University

Re: [Release-testers] [9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Nathan Ridge via cfe-dev
Uploaded ubuntu 14.

I had to kill some tests executing "lldb-vscode", they had been running for 12+ hours without completing.

b57383860c7e4317b0194d1a91836e01bd637c95  clang+llvm-8.0.1-x86_64-linux-gnu-ubuntu-14.04.tar.xz

On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 7:19 AM Hans Wennborg via Release-testers <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

-Brian

Re: [9.0.0 Release] The release branch is open; trunk is now 10.0.0

Nathan Ridge via cfe-dev
On Thu, Jul 18, 2019 at 5:19 AM Hans Wennborg <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> The release branch for LLVM 9 and its sub-projects was just created
> from trunk at r366426, and the trunk version was subsequently bumped
> to 10.0.0.

[...]

> When the branch is in good enough shape, hopefully by tomorrow, the
> first release candidate (RC1) will be tagged and testing can begin.
> The release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
> right at https://llvm.org

"By tomorrow" was clearly too optimistic. There are still some issues
I'd like to see resolved before tagging rc1. Hopefully it can be done
by Monday.

Those who wish can of course still try out the release branch directly
in the meantime.

Thanks,
Hans