[6.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 7.0.0

[6.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 7.0.0

JF Bastien via cfe-dev
Hello everyone,

The release branch for 6.0.0 was created from trunk at r321711 around
3pm GMT today, and the trunk version was subsequently incremented to
7.0.0. (Hopefully the git mirror will have the branch soon too.)

Note that this time we're doing an early "slow start" of the release
process. I'm still on vacation and there is no release candidate
scheduled until 17 January, but those interested can start testing and
nominating patches for merging.

Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR35804 Please mark
any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed as blocking that.

To get a change committed to the branch, first commit it to trunk as
usual, and then request it to be merged --- ideally by filing a
blocker bug on PR35804, or by cc'ing me on the commit email.

Please help out with the release by notifying me of any bugs, commits,
or other issues you thin
k might be relevant. If it's not marked as blocking PR35804, or I'm
not cc'd on an email about
it, I'll probably miss it.

Thanks,
Hans

Re: [llvm-dev] [6.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 7.0.0

JF Bastien via cfe-dev
Congratulations on getting the next release branch underway so soon into the New Year; now my work is cut out for me to get my sources aligned :-)

During the past 6 months there was a lot of activity on the distribution lists about SPIR-V support.  However, it is not clear to me whether support for SPIR-V made it into this release branch, and if so, to what extent it is supported.

Do any of the developers working on SPIR-V and/or OpenCL have any ideas about what level of SPIR-V support will be present in the v6.0.0 release?

Thanks,

    MartinO

Intel Research and Development Ireland Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263

use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution by others is
sender and delete all copies.

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018, at 16:37, ORiordan, Martin via cfe-dev wrote:

> Congratulations on getting the next release branch underway so soon into
> the New Year; now my work is cut out for me to get my sources
> aligned :-)
>
> During the past 6 months there was a lot of activity on the distribution
> lists about SPIR-V support.  However, it is not clear to me whether
> support for SPIR-V made it into this release branch, and if so, to what
> extent it is supported.
>
> Do any of the developers working on SPIR-V and/or OpenCL have any ideas
> about what level of SPIR-V support will be present in the v6.0.0
> release?

To my knowledge no SPIR-V support has been upstreamed.

Best,
Tobias

> Thanks,
>
>     MartinO

> Intel Research and Development Ireland Limited
> Registered in Ireland
> Registered Office: Collinstown Industrial Park, Leixlip, County Kildare
> Registered Number: 308263
>

> This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the sole
> use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution by others is
> strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
> sender and delete all copies.

Re: [llvm-dev] [6.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 7.0.0

JF Bastien via cfe-dev
Thanks for the update Tobias,

        MartinO

On Mon, Jan 8, 2018, at 16:37, ORiordan, Martin via cfe-dev wrote:

> Congratulations on getting the next release branch underway so soon
> into the New Year; now my work is cut out for me to get my sources
> aligned :-)
>
> During the past 6 months there was a lot of activity on the
> distribution lists about SPIR-V support.  However, it is not clear to
> me whether support for SPIR-V made it into this release branch, and if
> so, to what extent it is supported.
>
> Do any of the developers working on SPIR-V and/or OpenCL have any
> ideas about what level of SPIR-V support will be present in the v6.0.0
> release?

To my knowledge no SPIR-V support has been upstreamed.

Best,
Tobias

> Thanks,
>
>     MartinO

> Intel Research and Development Ireland Limited Registered in Ireland
> Registered Office: Collinstown Industrial Park, Leixlip, County
> Kildare Registered Number: 308263

Intel Research and Development Ireland Limited
Registered in Ireland
Registered Number: 308263

use of the intended recipient(s). Any review or distribution by others is
sender and delete all copies.

Re: [llvm-dev] [6.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 7.0.0

JF Bastien via cfe-dev

Hi Martin,

Unfortunately, this work hasn't progressed in LLVM yet. But I hope the situation will change for the next release though.

In the meantime in case you haven't seen this announcement yet it might be useful: http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2018-January/120291.html

Cheers,
Anastasia

Re: [llvm-dev] [6.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 7.0.0

JF Bastien via cfe-dev

Thanks Anastasia, and my apologies for the late reply.

The mail thread is very interesting and very promising, I hope to follow up with Nic and Tomeo about this when I get the chance.  It would be great to see SPIR-V formally integrated into LLVM.

All the best and thanks again,

            MartinO