[11.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 12.0.0

[11.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 12.0.0

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev
Hello everyone,

The release branch for LLVM 11 was created from the trunk at
2e10b7a39b930ef8d9c4362509d8835b221fbc0a, and the trunk version was
bumped to 12.0.0.

Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR46725 Please mark
any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
blocking that bug.

Please keep me in the loop via email on any bugs, commits, or other
issues that might be relevant for the release. In particular, if
you're currently investigating issues with trunk and working on fixes,
please help me make sure that those fixes end up on the branch also.

To get a change committed to the branch, please commit it to trunk as
per usual, and then request it to be merged -- ideally by filing a
blocker of https://llvm.org/PR46725, or by cc'ing me on the commit
email.

(Please don't report issues or request merges over
IRC/Discord/Discourse; there's a large risk that I'll miss it. Please
use email.)

The first release candidate will be tagged soon (hopefully in a day or
two if the branch looks stable), and testing of that can begin. The
full release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
right at https://llvm.org

Thanks,
Hans

Re: [llvm-dev] [11.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 12.0.0

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev
Thanks for tagging, Hans. Can I go ahead with the CMake version bump advertised in http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-June/142893.html?

This may cause some instability on a few builders that have not upgraded to a recent CMake yet, but I'll iterate as explained in the linked thread. Let me know if it's OK to go ahead now or if you'd prefer that I wait for a few days.

Cheers,
Louis

> On Jul 15, 2020, at 08:09, Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone,
>
> The release branch for LLVM 11 was created from the trunk at
> 2e10b7a39b930ef8d9c4362509d8835b221fbc0a, and the trunk version was
> bumped to 12.0.0.
>
> Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR46725 Please mark
> any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
> blocking that bug.
>
> Please keep me in the loop via email on any bugs, commits, or other
> issues that might be relevant for the release. In particular, if
> you're currently investigating issues with trunk and working on fixes,
> please help me make sure that those fixes end up on the branch also.
>
> To get a change committed to the branch, please commit it to trunk as
> per usual, and then request it to be merged -- ideally by filing a
> blocker of https://llvm.org/PR46725, or by cc'ing me on the commit
> email.
>
> (Please don't report issues or request merges over
> IRC/Discord/Discourse; there's a large risk that I'll miss it. Please
> use email.)
>
> The first release candidate will be tagged soon (hopefully in a day or
> two if the branch looks stable), and testing of that can begin. The
> full release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
> right at https://llvm.org
>
> Thanks,
> Hans

Re: [llvm-dev] [11.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 12.0.0

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev
Sounds good to me.

On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 8:25 PM Louis Dionne <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks for tagging, Hans. Can I go ahead with the CMake version bump advertised in http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-June/142893.html?
>
> This may cause some instability on a few builders that have not upgraded to a recent CMake yet, but I'll iterate as explained in the linked thread. Let me know if it's OK to go ahead now or if you'd prefer that I wait for a few days.
>
> Cheers,
> Louis
>
> > On Jul 15, 2020, at 08:09, Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > The release branch for LLVM 11 was created from the trunk at
> > 2e10b7a39b930ef8d9c4362509d8835b221fbc0a, and the trunk version was
> > bumped to 12.0.0.
> >
> > Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR46725 Please mark
> > any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
> > blocking that bug.
> >
> > Please keep me in the loop via email on any bugs, commits, or other
> > issues that might be relevant for the release. In particular, if
> > you're currently investigating issues with trunk and working on fixes,
> > please help me make sure that those fixes end up on the branch also.
> >
> > To get a change committed to the branch, please commit it to trunk as
> > per usual, and then request it to be merged -- ideally by filing a
> > blocker of https://llvm.org/PR46725, or by cc'ing me on the commit
> > email.
> >
> > (Please don't report issues or request merges over
> > IRC/Discord/Discourse; there's a large risk that I'll miss it. Please
> > use email.)
> >
> > The first release candidate will be tagged soon (hopefully in a day or
> > two if the branch looks stable), and testing of that can begin. The
> > full release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
> > right at https://llvm.org
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Hans

Re: [llvm-dev] [11.0.0 Release] The release branch is here; trunk is now 12.0.0

Keane, Erich via cfe-dev
Thanks! I've just pushed the commit and will iterate on it until everyone is upgraded.

Happy to finally get this started!
Louis

> On Jul 16, 2020, at 10:34, Hans Wennborg <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Sounds good to me.
>
> On Wed, Jul 15, 2020 at 8:25 PM Louis Dionne <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for tagging, Hans. Can I go ahead with the CMake version bump advertised in http://lists.llvm.org/pipermail/llvm-dev/2020-June/142893.html?
>>
>> This may cause some instability on a few builders that have not upgraded to a recent CMake yet, but I'll iterate as explained in the linked thread. Let me know if it's OK to go ahead now or if you'd prefer that I wait for a few days.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Louis
>>
>>> On Jul 15, 2020, at 08:09, Hans Wennborg via llvm-dev <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hello everyone,
>>>
>>> The release branch for LLVM 11 was created from the trunk at
>>> 2e10b7a39b930ef8d9c4362509d8835b221fbc0a, and the trunk version was
>>> bumped to 12.0.0.
>>>
>>> Release blockers are tracked by https://llvm.org/PR46725 Please mark
>>> any bugs, old or new, that need to be fixed before the release as
>>> blocking that bug.
>>>
>>> Please keep me in the loop via email on any bugs, commits, or other
>>> issues that might be relevant for the release. In particular, if
>>> you're currently investigating issues with trunk and working on fixes,
>>> please help me make sure that those fixes end up on the branch also.
>>>
>>> To get a change committed to the branch, please commit it to trunk as
>>> per usual, and then request it to be merged -- ideally by filing a
>>> blocker of https://llvm.org/PR46725, or by cc'ing me on the commit
>>> email.
>>>
>>> (Please don't report issues or request merges over
>>> IRC/Discord/Discourse; there's a large risk that I'll miss it. Please
>>> use email.)
>>>
>>> The first release candidate will be tagged soon (hopefully in a day or
>>> two if the branch looks stable), and testing of that can begin. The
>>> full release schedule can be found under "Upcoming Releases" to the
>>> right at https://llvm.org
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Hans